How to Design Great Event and Raffle Tickets
What are standard ticket dimensions?
Information and the look you want to achieve influence ticket size, so there is no real hard and fast rule for what size a ticket should be. However, some dimensions are more common than others:
- Raffle tickets with stubs are commonly 5.63″ x 1.97″, with the detachable stub measuring 1.87″.
- Event tickets with stubs are typically 1.97″ x 5.63″. The dimensions of their easy-to-tear-off stubs are 1.875″.
- The most common stubless ticket size we see purchased at Eventgroove is 5.5″ x 2.125″.
Should my tickets be landscape or portrait?
As you begin to organize your information, decide if you want a ticket with landscape or portrait orientation. A few pointers:
- For short pieces of information, a ticket with portrait orientation is the way to go.
- In cases where there’s 5-10 lines of details with lots of information per line, then landscape may be the best choice.
- Consider whether you’d like to add a logo or other image. Combined with the type of details you wish to communicate, this can also determine whether a portrait or landscape ticket is best.
What text should I include on my event ticket?
What your ticket communicates is just as important as how it looks! Ensure your ticket is impactful using the following tips:
- Make the most important information the most visible. In most cases, this will be the event name or main purpose of the ticket. This information should be placed in a larger font and be easy to find on the ticket.
- Use a font color and style that will create contrast between the text and the background of the ticket. The text will just clutter the ticket design if it is lost in the background or difficult to read.
- Be sure to leave some empty space on your ticket. Space without text will add balance to the ticket and make it more attractive.
- Leave space for information. For example, if you are designing a raffle ticket, there must be room for folks to write their contact information. Generally, people need at least 0.25 inches of space in which to comfortably write.
Armed with the above event ticket and raffle ticket design tips as well as your own creativity, designing tickets for almost any event will be a snap! As you design, remember that these tickets are a reflection of the personality of the event and should convey the whole message that you want guests to receive.
Back to blog Back to top